Thursday, August 04, 2005

and it came to pass...

as the year approached the time of harvest that the i went forth to drink from the living fountain. and such was the magnitude thereof that much of my time was spent sifting through the words that rose from the dust, striving with all my strength in an effort to understand them. such a goal was hindered by my brethren. knowest thou the difficult affixed to drinking from the fountain amidst the contentious cries of a wookie? or such contentiom and would drive man to the deep recesses of the wood that thereby he might escape? i say unto thee, nay. nor wilst i that thou shouldst aquire an understanding, for such a knowledge leads to wandering paths and mists of confusion.
and verily i approached a part of my goal, yeah, even one half, that the eyes of mine head did beging to be heavy, and my mind to become as though it were stew, even stew that had gone the way of all the earth. yeah, and even the words which i did speak were of a peculiar nature.
thus, i did releave my hands from their task for fill moment and did my belly. and now my brethren, i wouldst that thou shouldst know of the sweetness of the fruit that cometh from the tree of life. for it is most sweet above all others.
and now, having refreshed my mind and lightened my soul, i must return once again to the word, for such have i been commanded, and such is my desire, and i make an end. amen.

5 comments:

Mavis Fausker said...

"knowest thou the difficult affixed to drinking from the fountain amidst the contentious cries of a wookie?"

That had me in fits of laughter for a good fifteen minutes, bluebird. Well done. Bravo!

miss terri said...

:) thanks! i'm not sure where it came from. i think that my beast might be aware that school's approaching and has awakened the inner oddity of itself. there seems to be an excess of phlemy weird stuff manifesting itself in my writing style lately.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, it made me laugh, too. What were the circumstances? I have a guess or two, but I'd like to know the real story...

miss terri said...

i've been reading a lot of B.O.M this week. like 50 pgs a day. it does weird stuff to you.

Lindsey said...

Ah, that's what I thought. Keep going!