Saturday, September 17, 2005

Happy Unbirthday!

i've always been at a loss as to what to do with myself when it comes to my birthday. i love the presents, but i don't know how to handle the attention. i never felt like it's that big of a deal. i'm one day older than i was yesterday. yay! like when your car click over to show that you've put another mile on it. i didn't do anything to deserve anything, and nothing Suddenly happened. i just feel awkward. maybe it has to do with the fact that my mom feels obligated to follow social protocol and throw a party. when you come from an anti-social family, this doesn't really work. and still, every birthday, the same thing: what do you want to do? do something. plan it, send out invitations, make sure everyone wears sunblock. or even though she hates to shop for me (she's completely lost when it comes to my taste and generally gets it wrong), no matter what, my mom Won't use a wish list. oh well. i'll survive. I LOVE my Family, and Mom in spite of being silly. i'm silly too, so we match. and my Friends. i LOVE them too. :D

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well, I think you know my opinion on the matter... Happy birthday, though!

Mavis Fausker said...

I never feel like birthdays are a big deal either. Mine, anyway. With my friends, I think it's a chance to show that I really, really appreciate them. It's just a random excuse to show appreciation, not really a celebration that you have survived another year of life. That's my opinion, at least.